Junior Cycling - NICA
Workouts are good for us, so is fresh air and being out in nature. Spending time with teammates with a shared goal counts for a lot too. On social and competitive levels, mountain biking counters the side-effects of the concrete jungle and pressures of growing up (academic & peer pressures alike)… today’s children need the outdoors as much as ever.
A remarkable platform has evolved in America, envisioned by Matt Fritzinger and expanded by Austin McInerny, resulting in the creation of NICA, the National Interscholastic Cycling League. More and more young riders are lured in to join, simply by the virtue of their values:
- Fun: NICA inspires friendship, joy, and adventure.
- Inclusivity: NICA believes everyone should be able to participate in programs and feel welcomed, respected and supported.
- Equity: NICA is committed to fair treatment, equal access, opportunity, advancement and elimination of barriers to encourage participation for all.
- Respect: NICA expects consideration for all others, oneself, and the outdoors.
- Community: NICA unites diverse people, families and communities through cycling by creating fun and welcoming experiences.
These values make supporting NICA an obvious choice in which we believe as much as them. Our involvement & support: